Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
There is no denying that the aesthetic beauty of Ashburton Grove is a sight to behold, yet many Gooners have had small gripes about various aspects of the stadium.
Massive queues for beers, Too much bare concrete, certain seating positions within the stadium not having access to the big screens & the lack of a clock were the main topics of discussion at the lastets fans forum, and suprisingly, the board has listened to the voice of the common fan.
The release of the feedback from the board with regards to the points raised by Arsenal fans group 'AISA' makes for some pleasant reading.
The following is an extract from an email I received today, it explains what the club intends to do to rememdy the problems the common Gooner has experienced.
Some feedback from AFC and from the Fans Forum regarding issues raised:
1. AFC will be introducing some moveable catering outlets both inside the concourse and on the podium. Secondly, the possibility of having fast lanes for drinks only or drinks only bars is being explored, and is anticipated to take place after game 8 or 9.
2. A feasibility study is to be carried out regarding the introduction of a third large screen next season - in the North East corner.
3. There are plans to 'customise' the bare concrete areas underneath the Box, Club and Upper Tier areas. Timescales are awaited.
4. Likewise there are plans to have a clock inside the stadium, but the position has yet to be decided.
5. The membership/entry card system has the functionality to operate as a cashless system - there are plans for its introduction, possibly next season (ie using your membership card to pay for refreshments, merchandise etc).
So for once it appears that Arsenal Football Club is prepared to take the fans concerns into consideration to help all connected with the club make Ashburton Grove feel like home as soon as possible.
To be fair to the board it was always going to take time to settle in and get everything just the way we like it.
Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
So it's OK to dive sometimes? (Wednesday April 16 2014)
UNCONFIRMED - Arsenal vs West Ham Team News (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Injury News: Possibly Four Out, Maybe Two In (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Arsenal v West Ham United Match Preview (Monday April 14 2014)
Podolski Unhappy With His Role At Arsenal (Monday April 14 2014)
Match Discussion - West Ham (h) (Monday April 14 2014)
Why Aren`t Arsenal Allowed To Celebrate? (Sunday April 13 2014)
It's Hull City In The Final (Sunday April 13 2014)
Wemberlee! Wemberlee! (Sunday April 13 2014)
Get Well Soon Bob! (Sunday April 13 2014)
|3. Man City||33||22||5||6||54||71|
|7. Man Utd||33||17||6||10||18||57|
|Mulumbu Wins WBADSC Award
» WBA : 17/04/2014 21:53:00
|Olsson amp; Morrison Boost?
» WBA : 17/04/2014 21:48:00
|The Ped Report City 2-2 Sunderland
» Man City : 17/04/2014 21:41:00
|Poch - Villa Isn't Just Revenge
» Southampton : 17/04/2014 21:33:00
|Bolasie Looking For Strong Finish
» Crystal Palace : 17/04/2014 21:18:00
|Pulis Delighted With Everton Victory
» Crystal Palace : 17/04/2014 21:10:00
|Palacegate Saga Continues
» Cardiff : 17/04/2014 20:54:00