Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
There is no denying that the aesthetic beauty of Ashburton Grove is a sight to behold, yet many Gooners have had small gripes about various aspects of the stadium.
Massive queues for beers, Too much bare concrete, certain seating positions within the stadium not having access to the big screens & the lack of a clock were the main topics of discussion at the lastets fans forum, and suprisingly, the board has listened to the voice of the common fan.
The release of the feedback from the board with regards to the points raised by Arsenal fans group 'AISA' makes for some pleasant reading.
The following is an extract from an email I received today, it explains what the club intends to do to rememdy the problems the common Gooner has experienced.
Some feedback from AFC and from the Fans Forum regarding issues raised:
1. AFC will be introducing some moveable catering outlets both inside the concourse and on the podium. Secondly, the possibility of having fast lanes for drinks only or drinks only bars is being explored, and is anticipated to take place after game 8 or 9.
2. A feasibility study is to be carried out regarding the introduction of a third large screen next season - in the North East corner.
3. There are plans to 'customise' the bare concrete areas underneath the Box, Club and Upper Tier areas. Timescales are awaited.
4. Likewise there are plans to have a clock inside the stadium, but the position has yet to be decided.
5. The membership/entry card system has the functionality to operate as a cashless system - there are plans for its introduction, possibly next season (ie using your membership card to pay for refreshments, merchandise etc).
So for once it appears that Arsenal Football Club is prepared to take the fans concerns into consideration to help all connected with the club make Ashburton Grove feel like home as soon as possible.
To be fair to the board it was always going to take time to settle in and get everything just the way we like it.
Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
FA Cup Still In Arsenal's Sights (Sunday January 25 2015)
Team News: Brighton vs Arsenal - Walcott Starts (Sunday January 25 2015)
Gabriel Fee Agreed & On His Way (Sunday January 25 2015)
Chambers Happy With His Arsenal Progess (Saturday January 24 2015)
Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal Match Preview (Saturday January 24 2015)
Cup Defence Continues? (Friday January 23 2015)
Bielik's Huge Talent Is For The Future (Friday January 23 2015)
Wenger - Artificial Protection Is Negative (Friday January 23 2015)
Arsenal MotM Against Man City (Friday January 23 2015)
Arsenal Injuries & Comparison To All PL Injuries (Friday January 23 2015)
|2. Man City||22||14||5||3||23||47|
|4. Man Utd||22||11||7||4||15||40|
|7. West Ham||22||10||6||6||10||36|
|Come In No2 - Man Utd In FA Cup Draw Tonight
» Man Utd : 26/01/2015 10:05:00
|Palace - Come In No1 ! FA Cup Draw Tonight
» Crystal Palace : 26/01/2015 10:01:00
|Everton target Ukrainian winger
» Everton : 26/01/2015 10:00:00
|FA CUP 5th Round Draw Live + Draw Numbers
» Aston Villa : 26/01/2015 10:00:00
|Eto'o finally set for Sampdoria unveiling
» Everton : 26/01/2015 09:24:00