Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
There is no denying that the aesthetic beauty of Ashburton Grove is a sight to behold, yet many Gooners have had small gripes about various aspects of the stadium.
Massive queues for beers, Too much bare concrete, certain seating positions within the stadium not having access to the big screens & the lack of a clock were the main topics of discussion at the lastets fans forum, and suprisingly, the board has listened to the voice of the common fan.
The release of the feedback from the board with regards to the points raised by Arsenal fans group 'AISA' makes for some pleasant reading.
The following is an extract from an email I received today, it explains what the club intends to do to rememdy the problems the common Gooner has experienced.
Some feedback from AFC and from the Fans Forum regarding issues raised:
1. AFC will be introducing some moveable catering outlets both inside the concourse and on the podium. Secondly, the possibility of having fast lanes for drinks only or drinks only bars is being explored, and is anticipated to take place after game 8 or 9.
2. A feasibility study is to be carried out regarding the introduction of a third large screen next season - in the North East corner.
3. There are plans to 'customise' the bare concrete areas underneath the Box, Club and Upper Tier areas. Timescales are awaited.
4. Likewise there are plans to have a clock inside the stadium, but the position has yet to be decided.
5. The membership/entry card system has the functionality to operate as a cashless system - there are plans for its introduction, possibly next season (ie using your membership card to pay for refreshments, merchandise etc).
So for once it appears that Arsenal Football Club is prepared to take the fans concerns into consideration to help all connected with the club make Ashburton Grove feel like home as soon as possible.
To be fair to the board it was always going to take time to settle in and get everything just the way we like it.
Date:Tuesday September 19 2006
Wenger - Liverpool Is Still A Special Game (Friday December 19 2014)
Arsenal Games Switched For TV (Friday December 19 2014)
Bellerin To Play With More Freedom Now (Friday December 19 2014)
Wenger - Monaco Completes The Circle (Friday December 19 2014)
Liverpool v Arsenal Match Preview (Friday December 19 2014)
Wenger 'Scared' Rambo Could Miss Christmas Period (Friday December 19 2014)
Injury News: Walcott, The Ox & Monreal Could Play (Thursday December 18 2014)
Chambers - I'm Benefiting From Different Roles (Thursday December 18 2014)
The Ox: Don't Blame Wenger, Blame Us (Thursday December 18 2014)
Ozil Slightly Ahead Of Schedule (Thursday December 18 2014)
|3. Man Utd||16||9||4||3||12||31|
|4. West Ham||16||8||4||4||8||28|
|Team News: City v Crystal Palace
» Man City : 19/12/2014 19:57:00
|Pellegrini Confident Milner Will Stay
» Man City : 19/12/2014 19:54:00
|Team News: Hull v Swansea
» Hull City : 19/12/2014 19:37:00
|Dawson Out For Five-Weeks
» Hull City : 19/12/2014 19:36:00
|More Than Arfa Chance Hatem Will Leave
» Hull City : 19/12/2014 19:35:00