Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Wednesday January 23 2008
There's a line in the Sex Pistols docufilm, the Filth and the Fury that always struck me. John Lydon, expert raconteur remarked, 'there's something about the British, that in your darkest moments, you laugh.' Following last night`s admittedly humiliating turnover to the Spuddies from up the road, it`s time to reflect on the positives:
1. Now we don`t have to go into every North London derby thinking, "surely this has to be their time?" We can fully focus on the fact that we are a better side without factoring in the "sun shines on a dog`s arse once a day" maxim.
2. We can sit back and laugh at the Totts when they inevitably fold like deckchairs in the Final. (Though it probably will be to Chelsea, which will remove all the fun).
3. Upon that eventuality, we can resurrect the "we saw you cry on the telly" chant of 2002 fame.
4. We can laugh when they release their commemorative DVD and "I was there when hell froze over" tee shirts.
5. Birmingham away won`t have to be moved to midweek.
6. When we romp to the treble we can thank the Spuds for taking away the distraction of a League Cup Final, annexed as it is between the two legs of the Milan tie. Arsene Wenger can point to this defeat as the moment that refocused us and turned our season.
7. Tottenham will take their eye off their league form as the Final approaches and tumble back towards the relegation places. Once they lose the final, completely demoralised, they slide further and further as Paul Jewell masterminds Derby`s miraculous escape. Tottenham are relegated. Juande Ramos will point to this game as the moment that turned their season for the worst.
8. Wembley really is a pain in the arse to get to, and wouldn`t we all prefer to visit in May, when the weather`s a bit nicer and the girlies where those nice vest tops?
9. For an example of how inferior the Spuddies are to us, compare and contrast, amount of posts left by Arsenal fans on Vital Spurs after our victory over them in December and amount of posts left by Spuds over here in the last twelve hours.
10. We really are much happier with the six league points off of them aren`t we?
11. May 1971.
12. April 2004.
13. The fact that 1961 was a really, really long time ago (FatOldDave didn`t even have his free bus pass back then!)
14. Spurs beat us once every nine years. That means we won`t have to put up with this feeling again until 2017.
15. We signed Sol Campbell……..for free!
16. The Marriott Hotel.
17. Tottenham had a brown away kit.
18. Technically, we can still call it Three Point Lane; no points were at stake last night.
19. The chance to sing "Tottenham watching Eastenders" when we play Milan, we`ll probably mean it a little bit more this time won`t we?
20. It was getting boring beating the Spuds all the time.
21. We don`t care about the Carling Cup anyway. It`s not like we wanted to win it. That`s why we put out the mascots and a selection of Junior Gunners who won the raffle at the last Christmas party.
22. Can I stop now…………….?LD.
Date:Wednesday January 23 2008
FA Give Jose Something Else To Cry About (Thursday October 8 2015)
Zagreb Player Fails Drugs Test After Arsenal Game (Thursday October 8 2015)
Walcott Reveals Influences To His Fine Form (Thursday October 8 2015)
Arsenal Sign Striker On Long Term Deal (Wednesday October 7 2015)
Wenger Lauds 'Determined' Arsenal (Monday October 5 2015)
Theo Sends His Own Message With Top Performance (Monday October 5 2015)
Vital Arsenal Fantasy Football Update Week #8 (Monday October 5 2015)
Walcott & Cech Just As Important In United Win (Sunday October 4 2015)
Stats: Arsenal v Man Utd (Sunday October 4 2015)
Confirmed Line-Up vs Man Utd - Cech Returns (Sunday October 4 2015)
|6.||GOLDEN APPS WORLD||6|
|1. Man City||8||6||0||2||+12||18|
|3. Man Utd||8||5||1||2||+4||16|
|4. Crystal Palace||8||5||0||3||+4||15|
|5. Leicester City||8||4||3||1||+2||15|
|6. West Ham||8||4||2||2||+6||14|
|Liverpool: LFC Confirm Klopp As Manager
» Liverpool : 08/10/2015 21:24:00
|Stoke's December Manchester games live on TV
» Stoke : 08/10/2015 19:03:01
|FA Give Jose Something Else To Cry About
» Arsenal : 08/10/2015 18:37:00
|Arsenal Selected For TV
» Southampton : 08/10/2015 17:51:01
|Chelsea Fined by the Friends of Arsenal (FA)
» Chelsea : 08/10/2015 17:49:01