Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday March 14 2008
1. Sir Alex Ferguson asked for more protection for Cristiano Ronaldo this week, fearing that a serious injury may be impending. So what are his opinions of a kicking a player called Jose Reyes took at Old Trafford a few years back?
2. If Pompey go on to win the F.A. Cup, Jermain Defoe will suffer the ignominy of playing for both domestic Cup winners without landing a winners medal. Has this happened before?
3. Does Dave Kitson feel slightly silly now?
4. Is Flamini Fabregas a better partnership than Vieira Petit?
5. Has a player`s decline ever been so steep and as noticeable as that of Gilberto Silva?
6. Can Pascal Chimbonda please take all of Tottenham`s penalties from now on?
7. Did Paul Robinson have a bet on PSV to win on penalties? The solitary penalty save he did manage occurred because he dived the wrong way too slowly!
8. Was the awful penalty decision given against 'Boro this week a consequence of Steve Gibson`s entirely correct F.A. rant? Or am I just paranoid?
9. Blackburn were charged for failing to control their players this week after Morten Gamst Pedersen was man handled and set upon by the Newcastle coaching staff. Is this the worst ever case of a club`s reputation proceeding them? Is the F.A. capable of getting bloody anything right?
10. With all English sides progressing through to the last eight of the Champions` League, there has been much self congratulation surrounding the Premiership with punters and pundits alike queuing up to laud it as the greatest league on earth. Yet all remaining Premiership sides tumbled out of the UEFA Cup. Does this not just prove that, beyond the big three and Liverpool, the Premiership isn`t as good as everyone thinks it is?
11. What are the odds on a 4-0 victory for Blackburn at Upton Park tomorrow?
12. Did it never occur to Michael Owen that Newcastle being shit isn`t the reason his England place is in danger, but perhaps it`s because he is shit?
13. Is the situation at Gretna a stark warning to Chelsea?
14. How much is a flight to Liverpool?
15. Why am I not surprised that the Champions` League draw worked out to make an all English final as unlikely as possible?
16. Will Jeremie Aliadiere make us sorry?
17. Despite my earlier indignation, I would like to reiterate to the F.A. that if you want to really punish Steve Gibson, you should probably instruct tomorrow`s referee to give Arsenal a penalty or two. Any chance?
18. Is it just me that thinks John Terry looks like a stereotypical lesbian?
19. Anyone else becoming really quite genuinely suspicious about Chelsea`s draws in cup competitions?
20. Will Fenerbahce ask Barnsley for tips? (Cheers Lou).LD.
Date:Friday March 14 2008
Match Preview: Arsenal vs Chelsea (Saturday August 1 2015)
Wenger: We Will Be Judged By a Tribunal (Saturday August 1 2015)
Wenger: Cech Can Play For Arsenal For Years (Saturday August 1 2015)
Audio - Wenger On Cech, Hazard & Transfer Kitty (Friday July 31 2015)
Rivals - Liverpool (Friday July 31 2015)
Arsenal Announce Two Most Important Signings (Friday July 31 2015)
Arsenal Adopt Barca's '6 Second Rule' (Friday July 31 2015)
More Changes At Arsenal (Friday July 31 2015)
BFG: We Can Deal With Pressures of Wembley (Friday July 31 2015)
Walcott Impressed With Reine-Adelaide (Thursday July 30 2015)
|1. AFC Bournemouth||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|3. Aston Villa||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|Chelsea v Arsenal - Community Shield - MDM
» Chelsea : 02/08/2015 09:37:00
|Howe: The lads still have a week to impress
» AFC Bournemouth : 02/08/2015 09:19:01
|Cherries draw in Germany
» AFC Bournemouth : 02/08/2015 09:08:01
|What We Have Learned From Pre Season
» Norwich : 02/08/2015 08:00:00
|Lack of Cutting Edge A Common Theme In Pre-Season
» Swansea : 01/08/2015 23:54:01