Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday March 14 2008
1. Sir Alex Ferguson asked for more protection for Cristiano Ronaldo this week, fearing that a serious injury may be impending. So what are his opinions of a kicking a player called Jose Reyes took at Old Trafford a few years back?
2. If Pompey go on to win the F.A. Cup, Jermain Defoe will suffer the ignominy of playing for both domestic Cup winners without landing a winners medal. Has this happened before?
3. Does Dave Kitson feel slightly silly now?
4. Is Flamini Fabregas a better partnership than Vieira Petit?
5. Has a player`s decline ever been so steep and as noticeable as that of Gilberto Silva?
6. Can Pascal Chimbonda please take all of Tottenham`s penalties from now on?
7. Did Paul Robinson have a bet on PSV to win on penalties? The solitary penalty save he did manage occurred because he dived the wrong way too slowly!
8. Was the awful penalty decision given against 'Boro this week a consequence of Steve Gibson`s entirely correct F.A. rant? Or am I just paranoid?
9. Blackburn were charged for failing to control their players this week after Morten Gamst Pedersen was man handled and set upon by the Newcastle coaching staff. Is this the worst ever case of a club`s reputation proceeding them? Is the F.A. capable of getting bloody anything right?
10. With all English sides progressing through to the last eight of the Champions` League, there has been much self congratulation surrounding the Premiership with punters and pundits alike queuing up to laud it as the greatest league on earth. Yet all remaining Premiership sides tumbled out of the UEFA Cup. Does this not just prove that, beyond the big three and Liverpool, the Premiership isn`t as good as everyone thinks it is?
11. What are the odds on a 4-0 victory for Blackburn at Upton Park tomorrow?
12. Did it never occur to Michael Owen that Newcastle being shit isn`t the reason his England place is in danger, but perhaps it`s because he is shit?
13. Is the situation at Gretna a stark warning to Chelsea?
14. How much is a flight to Liverpool?
15. Why am I not surprised that the Champions` League draw worked out to make an all English final as unlikely as possible?
16. Will Jeremie Aliadiere make us sorry?
17. Despite my earlier indignation, I would like to reiterate to the F.A. that if you want to really punish Steve Gibson, you should probably instruct tomorrow`s referee to give Arsenal a penalty or two. Any chance?
18. Is it just me that thinks John Terry looks like a stereotypical lesbian?
19. Anyone else becoming really quite genuinely suspicious about Chelsea`s draws in cup competitions?
20. Will Fenerbahce ask Barnsley for tips? (Cheers Lou).LD.
Date:Friday March 14 2008
Stats: Bayern Munich v Arsenal (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Team News: Bayern Munich vs Arsenal (Tuesday March 11 2014)
All Wenger Wants Is a Fair Crack Of The Whip (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Arteta Wants To Invoke The Spirit Of '89 (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Injury News: Gibbs Out, Koscielny In (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Wenger: Ozil Is Over Bayern Penalty Miss (Monday March 10 2014)
With Commitment & Belief We Have a Chance (Monday March 10 2014)
Match Discussion - Bayern Munich (a) (Monday March 10 2014)
It's Now Or Never As Wigan Stun City (Sunday March 9 2014)
City or Wigan In The Semi-Final - Cheers Wrighty (Sunday March 9 2014)
|4. Man City||26||18||3||5||+42||57|
|6. Man Utd||28||14||6||8||+15||48|
» Spurs : 12/03/2014 08:34:00
» Chelsea : 12/03/2014 07:47:00
|Eto`o Fancies A New Contract!
» Chelsea : 12/03/2014 07:38:00
|Cole - Fit and Available!
» Chelsea : 12/03/2014 07:37:00
|AVB Tips Chelsea!
» Chelsea : 12/03/2014 07:36:00
» Arsenal : 11/03/2014 22:27:00
|Colo Returns (Again)
» Newcastle : 11/03/2014 22:25:00