Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday March 14 2008
1. Sir Alex Ferguson asked for more protection for Cristiano Ronaldo this week, fearing that a serious injury may be impending. So what are his opinions of a kicking a player called Jose Reyes took at Old Trafford a few years back?
2. If Pompey go on to win the F.A. Cup, Jermain Defoe will suffer the ignominy of playing for both domestic Cup winners without landing a winners medal. Has this happened before?
3. Does Dave Kitson feel slightly silly now?
4. Is Flamini Fabregas a better partnership than Vieira Petit?
5. Has a player`s decline ever been so steep and as noticeable as that of Gilberto Silva?
6. Can Pascal Chimbonda please take all of Tottenham`s penalties from now on?
7. Did Paul Robinson have a bet on PSV to win on penalties? The solitary penalty save he did manage occurred because he dived the wrong way too slowly!
8. Was the awful penalty decision given against 'Boro this week a consequence of Steve Gibson`s entirely correct F.A. rant? Or am I just paranoid?
9. Blackburn were charged for failing to control their players this week after Morten Gamst Pedersen was man handled and set upon by the Newcastle coaching staff. Is this the worst ever case of a club`s reputation proceeding them? Is the F.A. capable of getting bloody anything right?
10. With all English sides progressing through to the last eight of the Champions` League, there has been much self congratulation surrounding the Premiership with punters and pundits alike queuing up to laud it as the greatest league on earth. Yet all remaining Premiership sides tumbled out of the UEFA Cup. Does this not just prove that, beyond the big three and Liverpool, the Premiership isn`t as good as everyone thinks it is?
11. What are the odds on a 4-0 victory for Blackburn at Upton Park tomorrow?
12. Did it never occur to Michael Owen that Newcastle being shit isn`t the reason his England place is in danger, but perhaps it`s because he is shit?
13. Is the situation at Gretna a stark warning to Chelsea?
14. How much is a flight to Liverpool?
15. Why am I not surprised that the Champions` League draw worked out to make an all English final as unlikely as possible?
16. Will Jeremie Aliadiere make us sorry?
17. Despite my earlier indignation, I would like to reiterate to the F.A. that if you want to really punish Steve Gibson, you should probably instruct tomorrow`s referee to give Arsenal a penalty or two. Any chance?
18. Is it just me that thinks John Terry looks like a stereotypical lesbian?
19. Anyone else becoming really quite genuinely suspicious about Chelsea`s draws in cup competitions?
20. Will Fenerbahce ask Barnsley for tips? (Cheers Lou).LD.
Date:Friday March 14 2008
Lies, Dammed Lies, and Statistics (Tuesday December 17 2013)
Arsenal To Face Bayern Munich In Champions League (Monday December 16 2013)
5 Things We Learned This Weekend (Sunday December 15 2013)
Team News: Man City vs Arsenal (Saturday December 14 2013)
Three Reasons Arsenal WILL Win The Premier Title (Friday December 13 2013)
Scout Report: Manchester City (Thursday December 12 2013)
Arsenal Qualify But a Tough Draw Awaits (Thursday December 12 2013)
Vital Arsenal Match Reporter Wanted (Thursday December 12 2013)
Match Discussion - Manchester City (a) (Thursday December 12 2013)
Stats: Napoli v Arsenal (Thursday December 12 2013)
|4. Man City||16||10||2||4||+29||32|
|Vital Preview: Liverpool vs. Cardiff City
» Liverpool : 19/12/2013 19:45:00
|Stoke bow out of Capital One cup
» Stoke : 19/12/2013 19:14:00
|Villa Change Confirmed
» Newcastle : 19/12/2013 17:28:00
|The NUFC Spin Conveyor Belt
» Newcastle : 19/12/2013 17:12:00
|A Nor So Cheery Tottenham Poem
» Spurs : 19/12/2013 17:00:00
|Chelsea`s Squad Is Good Enough
» Chelsea : 19/12/2013 16:46:00
|What's gone wrong so far?
» Chelsea : 19/12/2013 16:40:00