Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday March 14 2008
1. Sir Alex Ferguson asked for more protection for Cristiano Ronaldo this week, fearing that a serious injury may be impending. So what are his opinions of a kicking a player called Jose Reyes took at Old Trafford a few years back?
2. If Pompey go on to win the F.A. Cup, Jermain Defoe will suffer the ignominy of playing for both domestic Cup winners without landing a winners medal. Has this happened before?
3. Does Dave Kitson feel slightly silly now?
4. Is Flamini Fabregas a better partnership than Vieira Petit?
5. Has a player`s decline ever been so steep and as noticeable as that of Gilberto Silva?
6. Can Pascal Chimbonda please take all of Tottenham`s penalties from now on?
7. Did Paul Robinson have a bet on PSV to win on penalties? The solitary penalty save he did manage occurred because he dived the wrong way too slowly!
8. Was the awful penalty decision given against 'Boro this week a consequence of Steve Gibson`s entirely correct F.A. rant? Or am I just paranoid?
9. Blackburn were charged for failing to control their players this week after Morten Gamst Pedersen was man handled and set upon by the Newcastle coaching staff. Is this the worst ever case of a club`s reputation proceeding them? Is the F.A. capable of getting bloody anything right?
10. With all English sides progressing through to the last eight of the Champions` League, there has been much self congratulation surrounding the Premiership with punters and pundits alike queuing up to laud it as the greatest league on earth. Yet all remaining Premiership sides tumbled out of the UEFA Cup. Does this not just prove that, beyond the big three and Liverpool, the Premiership isn`t as good as everyone thinks it is?
11. What are the odds on a 4-0 victory for Blackburn at Upton Park tomorrow?
12. Did it never occur to Michael Owen that Newcastle being shit isn`t the reason his England place is in danger, but perhaps it`s because he is shit?
13. Is the situation at Gretna a stark warning to Chelsea?
14. How much is a flight to Liverpool?
15. Why am I not surprised that the Champions` League draw worked out to make an all English final as unlikely as possible?
16. Will Jeremie Aliadiere make us sorry?
17. Despite my earlier indignation, I would like to reiterate to the F.A. that if you want to really punish Steve Gibson, you should probably instruct tomorrow`s referee to give Arsenal a penalty or two. Any chance?
18. Is it just me that thinks John Terry looks like a stereotypical lesbian?
19. Anyone else becoming really quite genuinely suspicious about Chelsea`s draws in cup competitions?
20. Will Fenerbahce ask Barnsley for tips? (Cheers Lou).LD.
Date:Friday March 14 2008
Team News: Sunderland vs Arsenal - Walcott as Sub (Saturday October 25 2014)
Sunderland v Arsenal Match Preview (Friday October 24 2014)
A Busted Flush (Thursday October 23 2014)
Isn't It The Sign Of A Great Team? (Thursday October 23 2014)
Team News: Anderlecht vs Arsenal (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Anderlecht v Arsenal Match Preview (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Hell Will Freeze Over Before I Sign For Spurs (Monday October 20 2014)
The State Of Play (Sunday October 19 2014)
Fine Margins And Punishing Consequences (Sunday October 19 2014)
Team News: Arsenal vs Hull - Patched Up Defence (Saturday October 18 2014)
|4. West Ham||8||4||1||3||4||13|
|6. Man Utd||8||3||3||2||3||12|
|Pellegrini - We Had The Chances To Win It
» Man City : 25/10/2014 16:14:00
|Delph Out Until The New Year
» Aston Villa : 25/10/2014 15:58:00
» West Ham : 25/10/2014 15:33:00
|Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United
» Spurs : 25/10/2014 15:22:00
» Man City : 25/10/2014 15:20:00