Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday April 4 2008
1. Why are Arsenal fans complaining so much about the denied penalty on Wednesday night? We all know Bendtner would have saved it anyway!
2. Are Chelsea fans even slightly embarrassed by the club`s announcement that they are effectively bribing supporters to attend the upcoming fixture against Everton, including paying their travel costs? I guess the rows of empty seats and the sleeping supporters at the game against Boro last week means Grant`s experiment with "sexy football" has now turned into all out prostitution.
3. Are Liverpool bothered about tomorrow?
4. What would a Ronaldo injury do to the rest of United`s season?
5. Is Anfield really that special on a European night?
6. If we do end up potless this season, will the fact that we probably relegated Bolton still make it a successful season? Surely there has to be some kind of trophy for that? Maybe a Noble Peace Prize?
7. Is Abou Diaby really that stupid?
8. Are the board of Derby County actually happy with the relegation? They`ve gone up, reaped the financial rewards. Reimbursed very little of it in the squad, made very little attempt at staying up and therefore don`t really lose much by going down. When one considers how much Sunderland have spent to just about keep their heads just above the parapet, can you really blame them for taking a calculated approach?
9.'Boro are usually good for a result against the top teams, can they turn the title race on its head this weekend?
10. What the **** are the BBC thinking putting the Pompey v West Brom semi final on at the same time as Arsenal v Liverpool? Why is this channel allowed to show such contempt for the miniscule amount of live football it gets?
11. Anyone else really get the feeling that Flamini is a goner?
12. "If you stop Steven Gerrard you can stop Liverpool." These were Kolo Toure`s words in the build up to Wednesday`s game. So why didn`t he take his own advice and tackle the bastard then?
13.In a feature on Portsmouth`s F.A. Cup run, Sky Sports News proclaimed that, "when it comes to success in the F.A. Cup, Tony Adams has more than drunk his fill." Most unfortunate choice of words ever?
14. What was the point in the F.A. charging Ferguson and his mini me Quieroz for their Hackett outburst? They`ve both effectively chosen the referees for the next three weeks anyway, why bother with this pathetically transparent attempt at looking authoritative all of a sudden?
15. El Hadji Diouf has confirmed this week that he will leave Bolton at the end of the season. Given that he`s possibly the most despised footballer in the country, together with the fact that he looks a little bit like a Bond villain, does anybody think that Chelsea is the best possible club for him? (Long ball football in an empty stadium, can`t think it would take long for him to adjust).
16. Why no gushing prose from the media this week of how Gallas inspired our comeback at Bolton last week? Who does Steven Gerrard have to blow to get the kind of publicity he gets?
17. Mateja Kezman has been quoted as saying that Chelsea would not have lost to Fenerbahce had Mourinho still been manager. Shouldn`t the guy keep his gob shut until the second leg?
18.The F.A. have pledged to investigate allegations that an unnamed player in one of Britain`s professional leagues accepted a £50,000 bribe to deliberately get himself sent off. So that`ll be a "let`s just sit around and do nothing for eighteen months and then just tell everybody it was inconclusive then yeah" stance from the F.A?
19. Just what did happen to the F.A`s bung enquiry?
20. Is Theo Walcott ready to make an impact for ninety minutes?LD.
Date:Friday April 4 2008
Wenger - Liverpool Is Still A Special Game (Friday December 19 2014)
Arsenal Games Switched For TV (Friday December 19 2014)
Bellerin To Play With More Freedom Now (Friday December 19 2014)
Wenger - Monaco Completes The Circle (Friday December 19 2014)
Liverpool v Arsenal Match Preview (Friday December 19 2014)
Wenger 'Scared' Rambo Could Miss Christmas Period (Friday December 19 2014)
Injury News: Walcott, The Ox & Monreal Could Play (Thursday December 18 2014)
Chambers - I'm Benefiting From Different Roles (Thursday December 18 2014)
The Ox: Don't Blame Wenger, Blame Us (Thursday December 18 2014)
Ozil Slightly Ahead Of Schedule (Thursday December 18 2014)
|4. West Ham||17||9||4||4||10||31|
|Irvine - Penalty Call Changed The Game
» WBA : 20/12/2014 20:44:00
|Pelle - Praise To The Whole Team
» Southampton : 20/12/2014 20:35:00
|Unbelievable Spirit Delights Koeman
» Southampton : 20/12/2014 20:28:00
|Pearson Continues To Believe Despite West Ham Loss
» Leicester City : 20/12/2014 19:58:00
|Warnock - We Just Needed The Goal
» Crystal Palace : 20/12/2014 19:47:00