Pre-season management skills test
Our players all have to spend time building up stamina and refining their skills in the preseason training. As supporters it is equally important that we polish our own skills and knowledge whether as forum contributors or just observers. In order to do so this simple multiple choice test, from a managers perspective, will help you to get in shape. Follow the link at the end to check your scores and find your rating.
1) Your player has just committed a blatant penalty but the referee hasn`t given it. Do you claim
a) it was 50-50
b) you`ve seen 'em given
c) He never touched him
d) I didn`t see it
2) You have £16.5m in your transfer budget. How do you best spend it?
a) Buy Eduardo for £7.5m, Bakari Sagna for £6m saving the rest.
b) Give new contracts to some of your key players and buy a few talented teens
c) Buy Darren Bent
d) Buy a little known defender for £5m and give the rest to your son the football agent.
3) You have just signed a new CM. Where do you play him?
a) Wide midfield
b) Central midfield
c) in goal
d) in the hole behind the striker
4) You have held out for 90 minutes but in the 4 minutes added on you concede a goal that costs points. Do you
a) spit out your gum and in purple nosed rage tap your watch frantically in front of the 4th official
b) bring on another sub to use time in case they score again
c) stick your biggest centre back up front and lob long balls to him
d) criticise your players for lack of concentration
5) After a long run of poor results against the same team you finally achieve a victory. Do you
a) produce a commemorative DVD
b) celebrate as though you have won the world cup
c) believe you need more than one victory before taking any comfort from it
d) be thankful you don`t have to play them again in the same season
6) One of your defenders has just broken a players leg in a reckless over the ball challenge. Do you
a) defend your player claiming he 'hasn`t got a bad bone is his body`
b) blame the injured player for having his foot on the ground
c) apologise and say you`ll deal with your player
d) provide counselling for the stress your defender has suffered
7) It`s the night before the last game of the season and you only need to win to claim a CL place for the first time. Do you
a) Take the players to a night club until the early hours
b) Make sure they get a good nights rest
c) Give each player an hour with a sports psychologist
d) Feed them lasagne
8) You have had a run of poor home results. What explanation do you give
a) There is an ancient gypsy curse on the ground
b) Players are tired from playing every week
c) The players we bought in the summer are worse than those we sold
d) We were crap
Check your score and rating on the forum thread here.
Join Vital Arsenal
Message Board To visit the message board, click here. Get involved