Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday September 5 2008
1. When Arsene Wenger made an, albeit retracted, comment about Martin Taylor in the wake of the Eduardo tackle, he was heavily criticised by many including Liverpool loving Alan Hansen. So how does Mr. Hansen respond to lovable Scally Jamie Carragher`s comments in his autobiography that he was considering asking his mates to attack Lucas Neill after a challenge from the Australian defender resulted in a broken leg for Carragher?
2. Are Newcastle United and Manchester City actually competing for Britain`s biggest soap opera club?
3. How long until Mark Hughes gets sacked and Robinho cries?
4. Will Mike Ashley sit amongst the supporters with the 'King Kev` shirt on again?
5. If I take a pint into my seat for the Sheffield United game, can I expect to be treated as leniently as Mr. Ashley?
6. Did Kevin Keegan ever consider that the current transfer system at Newcastle is in place largely due to his irresponsible spending in the 90s?
7. Given that Kevin Keegan only last week asked the nation to feel sympathy for Joey Barton less than a week ago, does anyone else not feel particularly sorry for Keegan now?
8. That said, surely a club that mistreats a generally quite decent bloke like Keegan the way they have, yet retains Denis Wise and Joey Barton deserves the scorn of the whole country?
9. Real Madrid President Roman Calderon has this week complained about Chelsea`s unethical pursuit of Robinho. Has he pipped Sepp Blatter as the most despicable **** in football?
10. Alex Ferguson complained bitterly about Real Madrid`s pursuit of Ronaldo, yet allegedly bundled Berbatov into the back of a cab at Manchester Airport. Has he pipped Calderon as the most hypocritical **** in football?
11. Tottenham Hotpsur complained bitterly about Liverpool and United`s pursuits of Keane and Berbatov (despite their pursuit of Juande Ramos), yet have accepted pay offs for their silence from both clubs. Does this make them the most hypocritical ****s in football?
12. Following Manchester City`s takeover this week, am I the only one that thinks football has pretty much ceased to be a sport?
13. Has Arsene Wenger ever faced a bigger challenge than the one he currently faces?
14. Anyone seen any Robinho Chelsea shirts on e bay?
15. Can Derby County do the unthinkable and invert Arsenal`s record by going 49 league matches without a win?
16. Is the Big Four really coming to an end?
17. Didn`t we hear that from Upton Park two years ago?
18. Can you guess how many English journalists attended the recent U-19s World Cup?
19. Barton smashes team mates face up, six match ban. Vieira spits at Neil Ruddock following persistent anti-French comments, seven match ban. Where is the justice/ consistency/ sanity at the Football Association?
20. January bid for Lassana Diarra anyone?LD.
Date:Friday September 5 2008
Welbeck Closes Arsenal's Transfer Window (Tuesday September 2 2014)
The Transfer Deadline Day Live Blog (Monday September 1 2014)
Transfer Deadline Day Live Blog (Monday September 1 2014)
Arsenal Fail To Cap-italise (Sunday August 31 2014)
Leicester City v Arsenal Match Preview (Friday August 29 2014)
Chambers Rewarded For Early Season Form (Thursday August 28 2014)
Gunners Draw Dortmund, Galatasaray & Anderlecht (Thursday August 28 2014)
Arsenal Keep Calm And Carry On (Thursday August 28 2014)
Giroud Has Surgery, Out For 4 Months (Wednesday August 27 2014)
Stats: Arsenal v Besiktas (Wednesday August 27 2014)
|4. Man City||3||2||0||1||3||6|
|9. Hull City||3||1||1||1||0||4|
|New 5 Year Deal for Cesar
» Chelsea : 02/09/2014 17:43:00
|Mane Deals Also Goes Through
» Southampton : 02/09/2014 17:39:00
|Vital United MOTM v Burnley (a)
» Man Utd : 02/09/2014 17:35:00
|Alderweireld Deal Confirmed
» Southampton : 02/09/2014 17:34:00
|Cleverley Does Join Villa
» Man Utd : 02/09/2014 17:26:00