Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday September 5 2008
1. When Arsene Wenger made an, albeit retracted, comment about Martin Taylor in the wake of the Eduardo tackle, he was heavily criticised by many including Liverpool loving Alan Hansen. So how does Mr. Hansen respond to lovable Scally Jamie Carragher`s comments in his autobiography that he was considering asking his mates to attack Lucas Neill after a challenge from the Australian defender resulted in a broken leg for Carragher?
2. Are Newcastle United and Manchester City actually competing for Britain`s biggest soap opera club?
3. How long until Mark Hughes gets sacked and Robinho cries?
4. Will Mike Ashley sit amongst the supporters with the 'King Kev` shirt on again?
5. If I take a pint into my seat for the Sheffield United game, can I expect to be treated as leniently as Mr. Ashley?
6. Did Kevin Keegan ever consider that the current transfer system at Newcastle is in place largely due to his irresponsible spending in the 90s?
7. Given that Kevin Keegan only last week asked the nation to feel sympathy for Joey Barton less than a week ago, does anyone else not feel particularly sorry for Keegan now?
8. That said, surely a club that mistreats a generally quite decent bloke like Keegan the way they have, yet retains Denis Wise and Joey Barton deserves the scorn of the whole country?
9. Real Madrid President Roman Calderon has this week complained about Chelsea`s unethical pursuit of Robinho. Has he pipped Sepp Blatter as the most despicable **** in football?
10. Alex Ferguson complained bitterly about Real Madrid`s pursuit of Ronaldo, yet allegedly bundled Berbatov into the back of a cab at Manchester Airport. Has he pipped Calderon as the most hypocritical **** in football?
11. Tottenham Hotpsur complained bitterly about Liverpool and United`s pursuits of Keane and Berbatov (despite their pursuit of Juande Ramos), yet have accepted pay offs for their silence from both clubs. Does this make them the most hypocritical ****s in football?
12. Following Manchester City`s takeover this week, am I the only one that thinks football has pretty much ceased to be a sport?
13. Has Arsene Wenger ever faced a bigger challenge than the one he currently faces?
14. Anyone seen any Robinho Chelsea shirts on e bay?
15. Can Derby County do the unthinkable and invert Arsenal`s record by going 49 league matches without a win?
16. Is the Big Four really coming to an end?
17. Didn`t we hear that from Upton Park two years ago?
18. Can you guess how many English journalists attended the recent U-19s World Cup?
19. Barton smashes team mates face up, six match ban. Vieira spits at Neil Ruddock following persistent anti-French comments, seven match ban. Where is the justice/ consistency/ sanity at the Football Association?
20. January bid for Lassana Diarra anyone?LD.
Date:Friday September 5 2008
Arsenal's TV Selections (Friday July 3 2015)
Tomas Rosicky Helped Bring Cech To Arsenal (Friday July 3 2015)
Bellerin Recalls His Favourite 2014/15 Moments (Friday July 3 2015)
Maitland-Niles Heads To Ipswich (Thursday July 2 2015)
Szczesny Exit Advised (Thursday July 2 2015)
Podolski Fee Agreed (Thursday July 2 2015)
Life's A Beach.... (Thursday July 2 2015)
What Cars Do The Premiership Captains' Drive? (Thursday July 2 2015)
So Exactly What Do We Need? (Thursday July 2 2015)
Err.. The New Premier League Football... Ahem! (Wednesday July 1 2015)
|1. AFC Bournemouth||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|3. Aston Villa||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|Later Kick Off For Season Opener at Chelsea
» Swansea : 03/07/2015 20:43:00
|Watford Fixtures/Report Archive
» Watford : 03/07/2015 19:12:00
|Palace Televised, Saints Rearranged
» Watford : 03/07/2015 17:57:00
|Diego Costa Recommends Turan Deal
» Chelsea : 03/07/2015 17:50:00
|Olsson May Miss Season Start
» Norwich : 03/07/2015 17:50:00