Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Friday September 5 2008
1. When Arsene Wenger made an, albeit retracted, comment about Martin Taylor in the wake of the Eduardo tackle, he was heavily criticised by many including Liverpool loving Alan Hansen. So how does Mr. Hansen respond to lovable Scally Jamie Carragher`s comments in his autobiography that he was considering asking his mates to attack Lucas Neill after a challenge from the Australian defender resulted in a broken leg for Carragher?
2. Are Newcastle United and Manchester City actually competing for Britain`s biggest soap opera club?
3. How long until Mark Hughes gets sacked and Robinho cries?
4. Will Mike Ashley sit amongst the supporters with the 'King Kev` shirt on again?
5. If I take a pint into my seat for the Sheffield United game, can I expect to be treated as leniently as Mr. Ashley?
6. Did Kevin Keegan ever consider that the current transfer system at Newcastle is in place largely due to his irresponsible spending in the 90s?
7. Given that Kevin Keegan only last week asked the nation to feel sympathy for Joey Barton less than a week ago, does anyone else not feel particularly sorry for Keegan now?
8. That said, surely a club that mistreats a generally quite decent bloke like Keegan the way they have, yet retains Denis Wise and Joey Barton deserves the scorn of the whole country?
9. Real Madrid President Roman Calderon has this week complained about Chelsea`s unethical pursuit of Robinho. Has he pipped Sepp Blatter as the most despicable **** in football?
10. Alex Ferguson complained bitterly about Real Madrid`s pursuit of Ronaldo, yet allegedly bundled Berbatov into the back of a cab at Manchester Airport. Has he pipped Calderon as the most hypocritical **** in football?
11. Tottenham Hotpsur complained bitterly about Liverpool and United`s pursuits of Keane and Berbatov (despite their pursuit of Juande Ramos), yet have accepted pay offs for their silence from both clubs. Does this make them the most hypocritical ****s in football?
12. Following Manchester City`s takeover this week, am I the only one that thinks football has pretty much ceased to be a sport?
13. Has Arsene Wenger ever faced a bigger challenge than the one he currently faces?
14. Anyone seen any Robinho Chelsea shirts on e bay?
15. Can Derby County do the unthinkable and invert Arsenal`s record by going 49 league matches without a win?
16. Is the Big Four really coming to an end?
17. Didn`t we hear that from Upton Park two years ago?
18. Can you guess how many English journalists attended the recent U-19s World Cup?
19. Barton smashes team mates face up, six match ban. Vieira spits at Neil Ruddock following persistent anti-French comments, seven match ban. Where is the justice/ consistency/ sanity at the Football Association?
20. January bid for Lassana Diarra anyone?LD.
Date:Friday September 5 2008
Arsenal v Manchester United Match Preview (Friday November 21 2014)
Giroud Back To Face Man Utd + Other Injury Updates (Thursday November 20 2014)
Wenger & Ozil Share a Mutual Trust (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Memories: Jens Lehmann (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Debuchy Looking For An Early Christmas Present (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Walcott Takes Positives From Sitting In The Stands (Wednesday November 19 2014)
On Adding The Science To Sanchez Magic (Sunday November 16 2014)
Yet Another International Thread (Wednesday November 12 2014)
Football Aid 2015 - Play at The Emirates! (Monday November 10 2014)
Arsenal's Perfect Swan Dive (Sunday November 9 2014)
|3. Man City||11||6||3||2||10||21|
|4. West Ham||11||5||3||3||5||18|
|7. Man Utd||11||4||4||3||3||16|
|Everton V West Ham Match Preview
» Everton : 22/11/2014 01:32:00
|Campbell Joins Hartlepool
» Newcastle : 21/11/2014 23:41:00
|Lawro Predicts Thrashing Win For Manchester City
» Swansea : 21/11/2014 21:01:00
|Pre-Match News amp; Stats: Man City vs Swansea City
» Swansea : 21/11/2014 20:52:00
|Liverpool: Lawro Predicts 2014-15 - Palace (Away)
» Liverpool : 21/11/2014 19:00:00