Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has scooped the Barclays Player of the Month award for October after an electrifying month that saw the 26-year old score five goals and set up another two as the Gunners went through the month unbeaten.
Van Persie notched up his first goal in the 6-2 demolition of Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium, drilling a low shot beyond Paul Robinson after fine work from Cesc Fabregas. This was then followed by the opening goal in the 3-1 win at home to Birmingham City. The flying Dutchman was again instrumental in the 2-2 draw at West Ham, scoring the opener before delivering an inch-perfect corner for William Gallas to nod in a second for the Gunners.
Van Persie completed his impressive month by netting a brace in the 3-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, taking him to seven Barclays Premier League goals for the season.
This is the second time that he has won the award, having previously claimed the prize in November 2005.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROBIN VAN PERSIE: BarclayS PLAYER OF THE MONTH for OCTOBER
· Robin van Persie was born 6 August 1983 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
· After joining SBV Excelsior`s youth squad, he made his breakthrough at home town club Feyenoord where he spent three seasons and won the UEFA Cup in 2002.
· Van Persie moved to Arsenal in 2004 for a fee of £2.75million and won the Community Shield and FA Cup in his first season at the club
· He has scored a total of 46 goals in 89 Barclays Premier League starts and has made a further 36 appearances off the substitutes bench
· This is Van Persie`s second Barclays Player of the Month award, having last won it in November 2005.
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Who Is Your Vital Arsenal Player of the Season? (Tuesday May 21 2013)
Newcastle United 0 Arsenal 1 (Monday May 20 2013)
VIDEO: Wenger Praises 'Exceptional' Attitude (Monday May 20 2013)
Arsene Wenger, Now Is The Time (Monday May 20 2013)
The Moment That Made It All Worthwhile (Sunday May 19 2013)
Happy St Totteringham's Day To Gooners Everwhere (Sunday May 19 2013)
Team News: Last Game Of The Season (Sunday May 19 2013)
The Squeaky Bum Preview (Friday May 17 2013)
Wenger Confirms Sanogo Deal Almost Done (Friday May 17 2013)
Mid-Morning Ablutions #11 (Thursday May 16 2013)
|1. Man Utd||38||28||5||5||43||89|
|2. Man City||38||23||9||6||32||78|
|Liverpool: Begovic To Replace Reina?
» Liverpool : 22/05/2013 20:54:00
|Coates thanks friend Pulis
» Stoke : 22/05/2013 18:30:00
|Petrov Delighted With Assistant Coach Role
» Aston Villa : 22/05/2013 16:52:00
|Boateng Signs Two Year Deal
» Fulham : 22/05/2013 16:50:00
|Sullivan Warns Of Complacency!
» West Ham : 22/05/2013 16:49:00
» West Ham : 22/05/2013 16:48:00
» West Ham : 22/05/2013 16:47:00