Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has scooped the Barclays Player of the Month award for October after an electrifying month that saw the 26-year old score five goals and set up another two as the Gunners went through the month unbeaten.
Van Persie notched up his first goal in the 6-2 demolition of Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium, drilling a low shot beyond Paul Robinson after fine work from Cesc Fabregas. This was then followed by the opening goal in the 3-1 win at home to Birmingham City. The flying Dutchman was again instrumental in the 2-2 draw at West Ham, scoring the opener before delivering an inch-perfect corner for William Gallas to nod in a second for the Gunners.
Van Persie completed his impressive month by netting a brace in the 3-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, taking him to seven Barclays Premier League goals for the season.
This is the second time that he has won the award, having previously claimed the prize in November 2005.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROBIN VAN PERSIE: BarclayS PLAYER OF THE MONTH for OCTOBER
· Robin van Persie was born 6 August 1983 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
· After joining SBV Excelsior`s youth squad, he made his breakthrough at home town club Feyenoord where he spent three seasons and won the UEFA Cup in 2002.
· Van Persie moved to Arsenal in 2004 for a fee of £2.75million and won the Community Shield and FA Cup in his first season at the club
· He has scored a total of 46 goals in 89 Barclays Premier League starts and has made a further 36 appearances off the substitutes bench
· This is Van Persie`s second Barclays Player of the Month award, having last won it in November 2005.
Date:Monday November 9 2009
The First Goal Matters (Saturday November 22 2014)
Team News: Arsenal vs Man Utd - Walcott Missing (Saturday November 22 2014)
Arsenal v Manchester United Match Preview (Friday November 21 2014)
Giroud Back To Face Man Utd + Other Injury Updates (Thursday November 20 2014)
Wenger & Ozil Share a Mutual Trust (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Memories: Jens Lehmann (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Debuchy Looking For An Early Christmas Present (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Walcott Takes Positives From Sitting In The Stands (Wednesday November 19 2014)
On Adding The Science To Sanchez Magic (Sunday November 16 2014)
Yet Another International Thread (Wednesday November 12 2014)
|6. West Ham||12||5||3||4||4||18|
|Everton record tough 2-1 win over West Ham
» Everton : 24/11/2014 04:10:00
|Poyet Points Out The Improvement.
» Sunderland : 24/11/2014 00:07:00
|Pearson Happy With Goalless Draw.
» Sunderland : 23/11/2014 23:56:00
|Ings Brings First Away Win
» Stoke : 23/11/2014 22:35:00
|Does Michu Require Ankle Surgery?
» Swansea : 23/11/2014 22:17:00