Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has scooped the Barclays Player of the Month award for October after an electrifying month that saw the 26-year old score five goals and set up another two as the Gunners went through the month unbeaten.
Van Persie notched up his first goal in the 6-2 demolition of Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium, drilling a low shot beyond Paul Robinson after fine work from Cesc Fabregas. This was then followed by the opening goal in the 3-1 win at home to Birmingham City. The flying Dutchman was again instrumental in the 2-2 draw at West Ham, scoring the opener before delivering an inch-perfect corner for William Gallas to nod in a second for the Gunners.
Van Persie completed his impressive month by netting a brace in the 3-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, taking him to seven Barclays Premier League goals for the season.
This is the second time that he has won the award, having previously claimed the prize in November 2005.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROBIN VAN PERSIE: BarclayS PLAYER OF THE MONTH for OCTOBER
· Robin van Persie was born 6 August 1983 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
· After joining SBV Excelsior`s youth squad, he made his breakthrough at home town club Feyenoord where he spent three seasons and won the UEFA Cup in 2002.
· Van Persie moved to Arsenal in 2004 for a fee of Ł2.75million and won the Community Shield and FA Cup in his first season at the club
· He has scored a total of 46 goals in 89 Barclays Premier League starts and has made a further 36 appearances off the substitutes bench
· This is Van Persie`s second Barclays Player of the Month award, having last won it in November 2005.
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Wenger - Special Intensity For Manchester United (Friday March 6 2015)
Wenger Talks Ozil & Welbeck (Friday March 6 2015)
Arsenal Injury Table - The Walking Wounded! (Friday March 6 2015)
Coquelin & Gibbs On QPR Win (Thursday March 5 2015)
Wenger On QPR Victory (Thursday March 5 2015)
Audio - Wenger On Positive QPR Display (Thursday March 5 2015)
Wenger Praises Sanchez' Mental Strength (Thursday March 5 2015)
Stats: QPR v Arsenal (Thursday March 5 2015)
Team News: QPR vs Arsenal - BFG In, Kos Out (Wednesday March 4 2015)
Wenger Was Ready To Let Coquelin Go (Wednesday March 4 2015)
|2. Man City||28||17||7||4||+32||58|
|4. Man Utd||28||15||8||5||+21||53|
|Letting Go Of The NUFC Dream
» Newcastle : 06/03/2015 22:03:00
|Something For The Weekend (485)
» Aston Villa : 06/03/2015 18:24:00
|Chelsea Crash to Youth Cup Semi 1st Leg Defeat
» Chelsea : 06/03/2015 17:34:00
|Interest in Chelsea`s Remy!
» Chelsea : 06/03/2015 17:22:00
|Chelsea Reportedly Sign Romanian Youngster
» Chelsea : 06/03/2015 17:05:00