Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has scooped the Barclays Player of the Month award for October after an electrifying month that saw the 26-year old score five goals and set up another two as the Gunners went through the month unbeaten.
Van Persie notched up his first goal in the 6-2 demolition of Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium, drilling a low shot beyond Paul Robinson after fine work from Cesc Fabregas. This was then followed by the opening goal in the 3-1 win at home to Birmingham City. The flying Dutchman was again instrumental in the 2-2 draw at West Ham, scoring the opener before delivering an inch-perfect corner for William Gallas to nod in a second for the Gunners.
Van Persie completed his impressive month by netting a brace in the 3-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, taking him to seven Barclays Premier League goals for the season.
This is the second time that he has won the award, having previously claimed the prize in November 2005.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROBIN VAN PERSIE: BarclayS PLAYER OF THE MONTH for OCTOBER
· Robin van Persie was born 6 August 1983 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
· After joining SBV Excelsior`s youth squad, he made his breakthrough at home town club Feyenoord where he spent three seasons and won the UEFA Cup in 2002.
· Van Persie moved to Arsenal in 2004 for a fee of £2.75million and won the Community Shield and FA Cup in his first season at the club
· He has scored a total of 46 goals in 89 Barclays Premier League starts and has made a further 36 appearances off the substitutes bench
· This is Van Persie`s second Barclays Player of the Month award, having last won it in November 2005.
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Wenger - 'It Was a Bad Afternoon For Arsenal' (Monday November 30 2015)
Vital Arsenal Fantasy Football Update Week #13 (Monday November 30 2015)
Wenger To Blame For Sanchez Injury? (Monday November 30 2015)
Lacklustre Gunners Drop More Points In Title Race (Sunday November 29 2015)
Stats: Norwich City v Arsenal (Sunday November 29 2015)
Confirmed Live Up vs Norwich - Rambo Starts (Sunday November 29 2015)
Match Preview Norwich vs Arsenal (Saturday November 28 2015)
Wenger Won't Use Ramsey As Defensive Midfielder (Saturday November 28 2015)
No New Injuries, The Ox Is Back, Walcott Close (Saturday November 28 2015)
The Arsenal Injury Table..Updated (Friday November 27 2015)
|1. Man City||14||9||2||3||16||29|
|2. Leicester City||14||8||5||1||8||29|
|3. Man Utd||14||8||4||2||10||28|
|7. Crystal Palace||14||7||1||6||5||22|
|Professional Stoke ease past Sheff Wed into League Cup Semi
» Stoke : 01/12/2015 23:33:01
» Stoke : 01/12/2015 23:12:00
» Everton : 01/12/2015 22:00:00
» Man City : 01/12/2015 21:33:00
|Koeman On Evenly Matched Liverpool
» Southampton : 01/12/2015 20:35:00