Writer: Site Staff
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has scooped the Barclays Player of the Month award for October after an electrifying month that saw the 26-year old score five goals and set up another two as the Gunners went through the month unbeaten.
Van Persie notched up his first goal in the 6-2 demolition of Blackburn Rovers at the Emirates Stadium, drilling a low shot beyond Paul Robinson after fine work from Cesc Fabregas. This was then followed by the opening goal in the 3-1 win at home to Birmingham City. The flying Dutchman was again instrumental in the 2-2 draw at West Ham, scoring the opener before delivering an inch-perfect corner for William Gallas to nod in a second for the Gunners.
Van Persie completed his impressive month by netting a brace in the 3-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, taking him to seven Barclays Premier League goals for the season.
This is the second time that he has won the award, having previously claimed the prize in November 2005.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football`s governing bodies, the media and fans.
ROBIN VAN PERSIE: BarclayS PLAYER OF THE MONTH for OCTOBER
· Robin van Persie was born 6 August 1983 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
· After joining SBV Excelsior`s youth squad, he made his breakthrough at home town club Feyenoord where he spent three seasons and won the UEFA Cup in 2002.
· Van Persie moved to Arsenal in 2004 for a fee of £2.75million and won the Community Shield and FA Cup in his first season at the club
· He has scored a total of 46 goals in 89 Barclays Premier League starts and has made a further 36 appearances off the substitutes bench
· This is Van Persie`s second Barclays Player of the Month award, having last won it in November 2005.
Date:Monday November 9 2009
Hell Will Freeze Over Before I Sign For Spurs (Monday October 20 2014)
The State Of Play (Sunday October 19 2014)
Fine Margins And Punishing Consequences (Sunday October 19 2014)
Team News: Arsenal vs Hull - Patched Up Defence (Saturday October 18 2014)
Arsenal v Hull City Match Preview (Friday October 17 2014)
Scouting Report Hull City (Friday October 17 2014)
Injuries, Injuries and More Injuries (Thursday October 16 2014)
Walcott To Play For Arsenal This Weekend (Thursday October 16 2014)
Alexis Sanchez Is a Winner (Tuesday October 14 2014)
Match Discussion - Hull City (h) (Tuesday October 14 2014)
|4. West Ham||8||4||1||3||4||13|
|6. Man Utd||8||3||3||2||3||12|
|Magnificent Seven for Baines
» Everton : 21/10/2014 11:00:00
|Are We For Real?
» Newcastle : 21/10/2014 10:48:00
|Distin must fight for place
» Everton : 21/10/2014 10:09:00
|Team News: CSKA Moscow v City
» Man City : 21/10/2014 10:05:00
|Surely Not to QPR!
» West Ham : 21/10/2014 10:03:00