Writer: Tim Stillman
Date:Sunday December 30 2012
To commemorate the end of another year, I have laboured over pen and pad in some rare time off work to devise the Great Big Arsenal quiz of 2012. How much attention have you been paying this year? Step this way to pit your wits.
2012 IN NUMBERS
1. How many players notched their first Arsenal goals in 2012?
2. How many Arsenal players scored hat tricks in the calendar year of 2012 and who scored them? Extra point if you can name the opposition on each occasion.
3. How many different players started a match wearing the captain`s armband in all competitions for Arsenal in 2012?
4. How many different players took penalties for Arsenal in 2012 not including shootouts? Extra point if you can name them.
5. Which player managed the most minutes for Arsenal in 2012?
6. How many Arsenal first team debuts were there in 2012? Extra point if you can name them all.
7. How many different nationalities represented Arsenal`s first team in 2012? Extra point if you can name them all.
8. How many goals did Arsenal manage in all (competitive) competitions in 2012?
9. How many red cards did Arsenal collect in 2012 in all competitions? Extra point if you can name the offenders and the opposition.
10. How many different countries did Arsenal play in in 2012 including pre season? Extra point if you can name them all.
11. Who was Arsenal`s top scorer at Euro 2012?
12. Which Arsenal player was sent off at Euro 2012?
13. Which ex Gunner scored for France against England at Euro 2012?
LADIES & YOUTH
14. Name the four young scholars that have signed professional terms at Arsenal since August. A point for each one you can name.
15. Who was Arsenal Ladies` top scorer in the WSL in 2012?
16. Who were Arsenal`s 3 opponents in the group stage of this year`s Nextgen Series?
17. Who scored the winner for Arsenal Ladies in the Continental Cup Final in October?
18. Who left his post as Arsenal U-18s manager in October after just two months in the job? Extra point if you can name who succeeded him.
19. Name all five Arsenal Ladies players that represented Great Britain in the summer Olympics. Point per name.
20. 2012`s WSL title win represented how many consecutive league title wins for Arsenal Ladies? Will allow you one either side for the point.
21. Arsenal drew Leeds United at home in the 3rd Round of the F.A. Cup in 2012. Who did they draw in the same round in 2011?
22. Which young prospect made his debuts in 2012 in the U-21 Reserve Premier League, the Nextgen Series, the Premier League, the League Cup and the Champions League?
23. Arsenal lost a penalty shoot out to Bradford in December. Who was the previous team to beat Arsenal on penalties and in which competition?
24. Why was Arsenal`s defeat to Schalke in October especially significant?
25. Why was Nico Yennaris` start against Coventry in the League Cup unique?
26. Arsenal drew Reading away in a domestic cup in 2012. The last time this happened in 1972, what was the chant concocted for Pat Rice by the Arsenal fans that day? Bonus point if you can give the reason.
27. With which team did Tottenham draw in their penultimate fixture of 2011-12 to hand the initiative back to Arsenal for Champions League qualification?
28. How many appearances did Abou Diaby manage in 2012, including substitute appearances?
29. Which first team players signed new contracts with the club in 2012. A point for every one you can name.
30. Which 2 clubs did Joel Campbell represent in 2012?
31. In May, Robin van Persie confirmed 30 league goals in a season for Arsenal. Name the last two players to achieve that feat.
32. Who scored Arsenal`s first goal of 2012?
33. Tomas Rosicky scored in the 5-2 win over Spurs in February. When was his last goal prior to that for the club?
34. How many goals did Andrey Arshavin contribute in 2012?
35. What is the nickname of Laurent Koscielny, as revealed by Olivier Giroud in the summer?
36. Which member of the Invincibles, now 36, returned to his hometown club in 2012?
37. How many members of the 2003-04 squad announced their retirements in 2012? Extra point for each one you can name.
38. How many ex Arsenal players won silverware at their current clubs in 2012? Extra point for every one you can name.
39. How many players that represented Arsenal`s first team in 2012 subsequently left permanently?
40. Which Arsenal midfielder from the mid 1990s was appointed to a coaching role for the club in Dubai this year?
41. The son of which ex Arsenal defender scored against Arsenal`s U-21 side in 2012?
42. Steve Bould became Arsenal`s assistant manager in 2012. What had his nickname been as an Arsenal player? Extra point if you can give the reason.
43. How many goals did returning hero Thierry Henry notch in his short term loan spell?
44. Arsenal released a purple away kit in 2012. In which year did Arsenal adopt a full time yellow and blue away kit for the first time?
45. Lukas Podolski took the number 9 shirt this season. Name the previous 5 Arsenal players to wear it.
46. The blue trim in Arsenal`s home kit, bafflingly, caused controversy with some fans. When was the first year Arsenal introduced blue into their home kit?
47. How many different strips have Arsenal used in 2012?
48. What was strange about Arsenal`s penalty shootout defeat to Southampton in the Markus Liebherr Cup in July?
49. Who was Arsenal`s top scorer in pre season?
50. About whose pre season performance did Arsene Wenger remark, "Every time he came on you could see something straight away. He gets maximum points for this trip."
Date:Sunday December 30 2012
Stats: Bayern Munich v Arsenal (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Team News: Bayern Munich vs Arsenal (Tuesday March 11 2014)
All Wenger Wants Is a Fair Crack Of The Whip (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Arteta Wants To Invoke The Spirit Of '89 (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Injury News: Gibbs Out, Koscielny In (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Wenger: Ozil Is Over Bayern Penalty Miss (Monday March 10 2014)
With Commitment & Belief We Have a Chance (Monday March 10 2014)
Match Discussion - Bayern Munich (a) (Monday March 10 2014)
It's Now Or Never As Wigan Stun City (Sunday March 9 2014)
City or Wigan In The Semi-Final - Cheers Wrighty (Sunday March 9 2014)
|4. Man City||26||18||3||5||+42||57|
|6. Man Utd||28||14||6||8||+15||48|
» Arsenal : 11/03/2014 22:27:00
|Colo Returns (Again)
» Newcastle : 11/03/2014 22:25:00
|End Of PardewGate
» Newcastle : 11/03/2014 22:09:00
|Small Change Makes Big Difference
» Newcastle : 11/03/2014 21:49:00
|Team News: Bayern Munich vs Arsenal
» Arsenal : 11/03/2014 19:33:00
|Ref Watch: Pawson to officiate Stoke v West Ham
» Stoke : 11/03/2014 18:24:00
|Alabi returns to Scunthorpe on loan
» Stoke : 11/03/2014 18:14:00