Arsenal Agree 'Keeper Fee
Arsenal have agreed an undisclosed fee with Legia Warszawa for Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.
Arsene Wenger has been searching for a long-term replacment for Jens Lehmann for over a year and it looks like he has finally found him.
Fabianski, 22, travelled to Germany for the world cup last year, but failed to snatch a first team place from Celtic 'keeper Artur Boruc.
Speaking to Skysports his agent said: "We are very close to a deal with Arsenal, an agreement is there between both clubs.
"We just have to arrange some details of his contract at Legia and with Arsenal.
"Lukasz had medical tests yesterday (Tuesday) and he has flown back to Poland to play for Legia on Wednesday.
"I expect him to return to London later this week to have more talks."
Arsenal are believed to have beaten two other clubs including Hertha Berlin to Fabianski.
"Lukasz has had three offers, one from Germany and one from another team.
"Lukasz is in a good position and we are close to a deal with Arsenal."
I don't know too much about him but this is what I do know:
- He's rated as one of the best young goalkeepers in the world.
- He's quite a tall chap at 6'4'
- He won Polish footballer of the year this season.
- Despite being only 22 he has made almost 100 senior apperances for his current club.
- He was courted by Arsene Wenger last summer before Celtic signed then Legia No.1 Artur Boruc, meaning Legia were unwilling to sell.
So there you have it, Arsenal's first summer signing has been made in the Spring.
If anyone know's any more about him please pop over to the forum and let us know.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.